We finally participated in Muffin Tin Monday. I first learned of this fun idea through
Ashley A. who saw it on
this creative mommy's blog. I hadn't participated up until this point because I only had one muffin tin! Finally, on Saturday, I broke down and bought a second tin on a Wal-Mart run.
Today was especially exciting because it was Rainbow Challenge Monday. I had so much fun chosing foods from all the colors of the rainbow. Here's how it turned out...

Red: Strawberries
Orange: Carrots
Yellow: Banana
Green: English peas
Blue: Blueberries
Indigo: Grapes
Violet: Tico the Squirrel gummies (from Dora the Explorer gummy snacks)
White: String cheese
Brown: Peanut butter crackers
Pink: Strawberry yogurt
Black: raisins
Rainbow: Rainbow goldfish
So, what did Walker and Kathryn think........They LOVED it!! Here's proof.


Their favorite thing to do was turn the muffin tin around so they could more easily get to each compartment. They would keep it one way for a few minutes and then say "turn" and turn it around the other way which made for a lengthy lunch. They were having so much fun that it didn't matter. Definitely a great idea for picky toddlers!! We can't wait for next Monday so we can do it again!
3 comments:
Very cute! I thought of making Molly Cate one here at the beach!
Their muffin tins are so cute! I'm sure they loved choosing what they wanted to eat. As a side note...from the looks of her recent snapshots, Kathryn must be going through the "fake smile" stage:) Love ya'll!
And this is why I have to read your blog, you don't tell me things like this over the phone...GREAT idea...especially for OCD Hill who likes all of his food seperated! We may try this tonight if I can find that much stuff!!
Post a Comment